Friday, June 4, 2021

Bullets


(1) Glory -- a strange phenomenon.


Let's look at two names:

Napoleon Bonaparte

He was born in 1769 and died in 1821

And the

Duke of Wellington

He was born in 1769 and died in 1852

The first was the commander of the French army in the famous Battle of Waterloo.

The second was the commander of the British army in the same battle.

The first was defeated

   And 

The second was victorious.

However, the victor is known to the people as "the one who defeated Napoleon!” Wellington's fame may be less than 1% of Napoleon's!




(2) Among the issues on which I disagree with many Egyptians has to do with numerous Egyptian antiquities found in many of the world's major museums. 

Most Egyptians demand these monuments be returned to Egypt.

I believe the presence of these antiquities in hundreds of museums on all continents is more beneficial to the glory of historical Egypt.




(3) Like many Egyptians, I have an extraordinary love for Italy. And though several of my books have been published in Britain, France and the United States, my pleasure in translating two books of mine into Italian and publishing them in Milan has made me happier than with any of my books published elsewhere.  When a number of Italian academics arranged for me to lecture at ten universities, from Turin in the north to Calibra in the south, my joy was indescribable.



* the Arabic version of the above BULLETS :

https://m.ahewar.org/s.asp?aid=720966&r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment